On behalf of our client, Federal Way Public Schools, we are hiring for the 2021-2022 School Year
Location: Federal Way, WA
This position requires working with children of various ages and a variety of disabilities (preschool to 12th grade). Position requires being an itinerant and traveling to different school sites within the district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluate communication problems including receptive-expressive language, articulation, voice, fluency, neuromuscular and non-vocal.
Education and Experience
- Must document evaluation results and relate the impact of the communication disorder to the educational performance of students.
- Identify needs, prepare treatment plans, make recommendations regarding the interventions and individualized programs (IEPs).
- Provide speech/language therapy to communication-disordered students from regular and special educations classrooms.
- Provide informational and consultative services relative to the management of the communication disorder to the student, education team, family, related medical agencies and community agencies.
- Demonstrate positive relationship skills with students, parents and colleagues.
- Able to function effectively as an active, productive, and integral member of educational teams.
- Able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, both orally and in writing.
- Able to organize caseloads.
- Document third party billing activities.
- Knowledge of due process.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws relating to children with disabilities.
- Able to complete activities that support compliance with Federal, State and local mandates.
High school diploma or equivalent
Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
ASHA CCCs or equivalent, CFY welcome.
Current Washington ESA certification.
Experience with interventions of the communication needs of a variety of students and varying disabilities.