On behalf of our clients, R.S.M.C is seeking a Materials Management Technician
Location: Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street, Tyler TX
High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Preferred hospital supply chain experience.
• Preferred knowledge of medical surgical supplies.
Works in the Materials Management Warehouse and is responsible for all supply chain activities related to receipt, storage and distribution of medical surgical consumable/disposable supplies and of certain types of patient care moveable equipment. Daily tasks include but not limited to taking inventories of items on all patient care areas, performing electronic data entry to create ‘pick lists’ and to locate, stage and deliver those items back into the clinical settings as required. There are routine routes and scheduled inspections as well as any as needed tasks in daily operational activities.
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Takes hand held scanners and goes to assigned floors to scan locations
3. Returns to department docks scanners to create pick list
4. Takes pick list, pulls items off shelves, then makes deliveries to floors
5. Will organize shelves while stocking, rotate stock to ensure product is used in a timely manner.
6. Must reconcile and be accurate with all quantities delivered or returned
7. Assist in warehouse as directed in putting away stock organizing shelves
8. Responsible for assigned sections of the warehouse
9. Completes and is trained on Cycle Counting, use of Stock Activity Reports
10.Keeps warehouse and all stock locations clean, neat organized, free of external cardboard
11. Must greet and assist all walk up customers regarding supply chain, mail or any other question or concern.
12. Responsible for receiving all items to include: non store room products, equipment, stock, non stock, and patient items into the MMIS for validation with a valid purchase order. Standing and blanket purchase orders, etc. included.
13. Can be requested to work in Central Service as necessary for staffing issues or when annual or periodic inventories are taken.
14. As directed, also support all similar activities at the Rehab and Atlanta Campuses
Certifications & Clearance Requirements