On behalf of our clients, R.S.M.C is seeking a Patient Navigator
- 54 days Term
- Benefits: Dental , Eye Care, Medical
- Pay rate: 12.81/hr
- Shift - 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Entrance screener will screen all visitors and vendors entering the facility and will refer to the COVID-19 guidelines and direction of Infection Prevention, Risk and Incident Command Center to screen for symptoms of COVID-19.
- This position is involved in conducting temperature reading and pandemic questionnaire for acceptance into clinical environment. Position will be based at designated entrances to the Facilities.
- Monday-Friday 8 hour days
Roles & Responsibilities
- Use a touch less thermometer to obtain a temperature reading of all individuals entering the facility. Proficient in operating thermometer and trouble shooting error codes and other thermometer problems.
- Follow the CDC COVID-19 guidelines to determine if an individual is clear to enter the facility. Explains to individuals visiting the facility the need for screening; prevents visitors from entry into the facility if screening criteria is not met.
- Comfort level with managing resistance to visitor guidelines, if required.
- Ensure individuals maintain appropriate social distancing of 6 feet as recommended by the CDC during temperature screening process.
- Screening employees are provided Personal Protective Equipment such as medical masks. Must use PPE correctly.
- Carries out interventions safely and in compliance with screening guidelines to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes such as safe hospital entry.
- Carries out delegated patient care activities appropriate for a screener and communicates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Assists with patient/visitor way finding within the facility.
- Delivery of materials to specific departments.
- Contacts units/departments to obtain visitor clearance when needed.
- Actively participates and demonstrates effective Customer/Guest Relations.
- HIPAA: Maintains confidentiality of all personnel and patient matters.
- Complies with the hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program including, but not limited to, the Ethical Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or GED
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Requires knowledge of hospital layout and locations
- Must be willing to walk most of the workday.
Experience: One year hospital experience preferred