On behalf of our client, RSMC is seeking a Financial Analyst.
12 week contact to hire
$35.00 per hour
40 hours a week
Medical, Dental & Vision eligable
As a Financial Analyst I, this position is responsible for the detail analysis, review, evaluation and maintenance of accurate records to meet the operational and reporting requirements including but not limited to general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and work papers in assigned areas. Performs detailed general ledger operational analysis on assigned accounts and special projects as required. Compiles and maintains accurate records, worksheets, and other schedules for surveys, cost reports, tax schedules and other required external and internal audits.
- Shift - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Daily reviews Rehab log of all patients, charges, reimbursements and costs. Material variances are identified and corrected.
- Understands and applies accounting principals related to General Ledger, account reconciliation, account code structure, internal controls
- Compiles and prepares accurate and organized audit workpapers that support general ledger balances within allotted timeframe. Responds to request for information and explanation from both internal and external auditors in a timely manner. Informs appropriate level of management of any issues or requests.
- Analyzes multiple expense accounts, i.e., contract labor, legal expenses, dues and memberships, sponsorships, for accuracy, reclassification, back-up documentation and additional information for Cost Report, Tax Schedules and preparation of financial statements.
- Accurately completes monthly balance sheet reconciliations on assigned General Ledger Accounts.
- Performs Meditech Patient Accounting (BAR) close daily and monthly. Corrects any kickouts (errors) according to established timeframes.
- Reconciles the CSM Gift Shop Bank Statements and prepares all General Ledger journal entries to record activity.
- Primary Associate for Vendor Master File maintenance: requesting new vendors as required and verification of all supporting documents. Is point of contract for internal and external customers on new/revised Vendor Set-up.
- Consistently meets daily, monthly, and annual deadlines by working effectively with multiple individuals in a highly tactful yet precise and professional manner.
- Periodically, as a back-up, assists in auditing and preparing Accounts Payable disbursement checks for mailing by established deadlines.
- Analyzes, researches and takes the appropriate corrective action to resolve errors of self and others with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned by Management at its sole discretion.
- B.S. in Accounting or minimum of 10 years experience in Healthcare Finance environment accepted in place of education
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Critical and analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Two years in healthcare environment, working knowledge of Patient Accounts Receivable, demonstrated understanding of General Ledger Structure, experience with preparing journal entries, audit work papers
- Two years of computer spreadsheet and word processing experience (Excel and Word)Licenses, Registration,
- High school diploma or equivalent.