Customer Service Representative (CSR) is an individual contributor responsible for providing exceptional service to Vallen’s customers by cultivating relationships, receiving and processing purchase orders, ensuring product availability, monitoring delivery dates, and resolving order processing issues in a timely manner. They are the primary point of contact for assigned customers for Vallen service offerings, pricing, scheduling, and shipping inquiries. They introduce new products to customers, identify upselling opportunities and contribute to identifying customer cost savings. In collaboration with Vallen’s sales/account management teams, they may also assist with identifying and soliciting new business opportunities within assigned customer, area, market, or region.
High school diploma or equivalent with 4+ years of customer service, purchasing, or warehouse related work experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, etc.) coupled with 2+ years of customer service, purchasing, or warehouse related work experience.
Other relevant experience includes:
• Demonstrated computer literacy; proficiency with MS-Office products; aptitude to learn various Vallen-specific systems and applications (e.g. ERP, Inventory Management, etc.).
• Mathematical aptitude for basic calculations.
• Distribution industry a plus.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational and execution skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
High school diploma or equivalent with 4+ years of customer service, purchasing, or warehouse related work experience