Candidate will be responsible for the accurate collection and record-keeping of payments received for services rendered in the clinic. May verify insurance.
- Monday - Friday 8 hour days
- Shift timings 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurately processing charge tickets as patients exit the clinic. Reviews and codes tickets for accuracy and completeness, determine appropriate fees for services rendered, calculate totals, collect appropriate amount from patients, properly record information.
- Maintains appropriate levels of cash; balances cash drawer per company procedure; balances daily input of coding to the actual money or deposits.
- May be required to key charge information, including hospital or other satellite services, into on-line entry program.
- Participates with other staff to follow up on accounts until no balance or the account is turned over for collection. This will be performed within the guidelines of the collections policies.
- Refers patients to supervisor or Accounts Receivable representative for clarification or discussion of account and/or payment terms, within the guidelines of the collections policy.
- Operation and maintenance of credit and collection equipment. Maintains appropriate supplies inventory.
- Assists with coding and error resolution.
- Assists with patient education concerning insurance plan.
- May maintain files with referral slips, insurance and insurance waivers.
- May assist in the referral process.
- Follows the client guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the client Mission.
- Maintains established client policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the client Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of client cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to client Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine and 10 key calculator by touch.
- Good math and communication skills.
- 1 year of billing experience, including ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding in a health care organization.
Certifications & Clearance Requirements