R.S.M.C. Services on behalf of our client is hiring a Clinic Patient Representative
Pay rate: $13.47/hr
Candidate will be responsible for completion of day-to-day business office functions. This position performs a variety of clerical and administrative functions and leads and guides activities of assigned clerical staff.
- Monday - Friday 8 hour days
- Shift timings 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Coordinates day to day activities of assigned clerical staff, including training and work allocation/scheduling.
2. Provides input into performance evaluations.
3. Maintains flow of patient check-in, verifies demographic and insurance information and enters into computer database. Assures that paperwork in patient chart is accurate.
4. Assists with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
5. Responds to CBO requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
6. Schedules appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
7. Post charges, payments and adjustments into computer timely and accurately, displaying accuracy in coding.
8. Collects time of service payment amounts; collects prior balance amounts.
Scope of Position’s Impact: -
- Financial: Responsible for determining, collecting and posting co-pays and deductibles; for addressing prior balances and establishing payment plans as directed by policy and procedure; for directing patients to appropriate financial counselors as needed; for ensuring accuracy in daily reconciliation/cash management processes for site/unit
- Safety: Responsible for prevention of injury or harm to self; for ensuring safe work environments for others
- Policy Development: Assist Supervisor/Manager/Associate Director/Director in determining clinic specific policies related to front end operations
- Decision Making: Decision will require knowledge and understanding of system policies; assists supervisor as needed
- Problem Solving: Reviews material to see if necessary information is on hand and is accurate. Assists other employees and/or patients with problems, as needed. The following duties may also be performed:
- Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms.
- Maintains appointment book, either manually or electronically, and follows office scheduling policies.
- Files charts, coordinates lab work, provider’s report, etc. Places transcription in appropriate medical record accurately and in a timely manner; tracks transcription to insure that dictation is transcribed and properly located in the correct medical record.
- Assists supervisor with other administrative duties such as preparing check requests, calculating associate cards, etc.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
- Follows the client Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the client Mission.
- Maintains established client Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the client Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of client Health’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to client Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
A. Education/Skills Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of managed care preferred.
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math knowledge essential.
- Must Obtain specialized training in Medical Terminology after hire.
- Must Obtain training in clinic computer system after hire.
- Preferred Requirements:
B. Experience Minimum Requirements:
- 3 or more years of billing experience, including some ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding in a health care organization.
- Preferred Requirements:
- ICD9 and CPT coding (advanced skills)
- Experience with charge posting or collections.
Certifications & Clearance Requirements