R.S.M.C. Services on behalf of our client is hiring a IT Analyst Epic Ambulatory
The Epic Systems Analyst serves as a liaison between end-users, project team members, and other Information Management resources while providing exemplary customer service and Epic application support in assigned Epic module. They provide onsite go-live support, upgrade support, and ongoing application support and optimization. In addition, they work closely with the Service Desk to assist in responding to help desk tickets and end user requests through analyzing business issues/requirements, analyzing workflows, and synthesizing key messages. The EPIC Systems Analyst must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, test, implement, support, and maintain Epic assigned applications, solutions and business processes to meet operational and technical requirements.
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of software functionality; acquire and utilize knowledge of operational workflows to be implemented.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to specifications.
- Prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to the system; reviews and tests each new release; troubleshoots problems and questions from end users.
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control.
- Develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners.
- Facilitate communication with stakeholders from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Serves as a liaison between business operations and providers, internal information technology, system users and Epic, working within the defined project objectives for issue and problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Self-Development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Resourcefulness – Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to present complex data in meaningful method, ie., charges, graphs
- Ability to adjust to and implement change
- Problem Solving skills
- Multitasking skills
- Work as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
Level III (must meet all criteria)
- Certified or proficient in more than one Epic modules [preferred* change to required going forward]
- 5+ years of experience
- Solves complex incidents without direction
- Develops new functionality for requests without direction and leads multidisciplinary teams throughout project
- Serves as mentor or knowledge resource to peers across Epic community and is viewed as a leader
- Recommendation and approval by Director or above
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Application certification in assigned module, preferred
- Required to obtain certification/proficiency from vendor within 6 months of hire if hired without certification/proficiency
- LVN, RN or other clinical License may be required for clinical application teams
To determine “Years of Experience”:
1) Epic application work - 1 year = 100%
2) Non-Epic IM application work – 1 year = 50%
3) Operational work congruent with module to be supported – 1 year = 25%
1) Epic Clin Doc Analyst (certified or proficient) who previously worked as an analyst at another facility for the past 2 years. Prior to his analyst role, he worked as an RN in acute care for 2 years.
a. Years of experience: 2.5
2) IM associate has supported a non-Epic application for the past 4 years. Prior to moving to IM, she worked in Bed Planning for 2 years.
a. Years of experience: 2.5
Certifications & Clearance Requirements