RSMC on behalf of our client
We are currently in need of Clinic Patient Representative Senior
Pay rate: $15.44/hr
Candidate will be managing scheduling appointments and answering the phones at the clinic.
Candidate serves as liaison between Manager, Associates, and patients. Responsible for work assignment and scheduling of assigned staff. Trains and orients assigned staff in accordance with established policies and procedures. Assists with evaluating performance of assigned staff and participates in coaching sessions. Informs manager of performance issues with assigned staff. Informs manager of patient and operational issues. May be responsible for inventory and ordering of office and/or medical supplies.
Processes and enters charge information into database. Completes billing process and distributes billing information. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. May prepare checks for deposits.
- Monday - Friday 8 hour days
- Shift timings 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- ASAP START PENDING COMPLIANCE
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurately processing charge tickets as patients exit the clinic. Review tickets for accuracy and completeness, determine appropriate fees for services rendered, calculate totals, collect appropriate amount from patients, properly record information. May be responsible for posting hospital charges or other satellite services. Utilizes correct ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding methods to determine the proper code for the services rendered.
- May be required to maintain appropriate levels of cash and balance cash drawer per company procedure.
- Processes payments received in person and by mail. Records, totals and prepares monies for deposit according to company procedure.
- Responsible for cross-checking tickets and correcting all detected errors; notifies supervisor and patient of corrections. Reconciles daily charge tickets within established guidelines.
- Refers patients to supervisor or Accounts Receivable representative for clarification or discussion of account and/or payment terms, within the guidelines of the collections policy.
- May participate with other staff to follow up on accounts until no balance or the account is turned over for collection. This will be performed within the guidelines of the collections policies.
- Operation and maintenance of credit and collection equipment and supplies inventory. Maintains appropriate supply inventory.
- The following duties may also be performed:
- Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms.
- Maintains appointment book, either manually or electronically, and follows office scheduling policies.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
- Files charts, coordinates lab work, provider’s report, etc. Places transcription in appropriate medical record accurately and in a timely manner; tracks transcription to insure that dictation is transcribed and properly located in the correct medical record.
- Assists supervisor with other administrative duties such as preparing check requests, calculating associate cards, etc.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
- Follows the client guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the client Mission.
- Maintains established client policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the client Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of client’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to client Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of billing experience, including ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding in a health care organization.
- Knowledge of managed care preferred.
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math knowledge essential.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Position duties require prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a 10-key calculator, photocopier, telephone, and other routine office equipment.
- Involves frequent contact with staff, providers, patients and the public.
Certifications & Clearance Requirements