RSMC on behalf of our client
We are currently in need of IT Project Manager II
Pay rate: $55.00/hr
Under the direction of the Manager, Director or other senior personnel, the Project Manager determines user demands, establishes work priorities, and plans; directs and monitors project work. Supports IM related business planning requirements including, but not limited to, budgeting, scheduling, and workload planning. Maintains project issues and reports to IM management and local steering teams on progress of critical path items. Reports project status and accomplishments. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Project Manager will gather and evaluate information concerning a user’s conceptual needs, estimate and schedule project activities and associated costs, coordinate and participate in analysis/design/coding activities, ensure that system changes are fully tested, ensure users are fully trained and prepared, associated guideline and procedure requirements are met, and coordinate implementation of the changes.
- Position will be remote until the return to office that is slated for February. The contractor will have to come on site some their first week to receive equipment.
- Local Candidates.
- Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Roles & Responsibilities
- Confers with representatives of user departments regarding information systems capabilities, the feasibility of developing specific information systems, and the determination of system requirements and modifications. Supervises the conduct of feasibility studies, the preparation of Case For Change (CFC) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), time study estimates, and progress reports on assigned projects. Serves as a project manager on major complex systems programming and/or implementation projects. Manages assigned projects including monitoring project and budgetary performance and compliance with applicable specifications, rules, regulations and laws related to business and clinical applications, preparation of initial and final systems design and documentation necessary for delivery to customer, systems and programming; insures quality and timeliness of work performed and final products.
- Develops, plans and monitors project budget(s) and is responsible for delivering business and computer system applications within budget estimates, using current business and project management metrics. Confers with hardware and software vendors; assists with the evaluation and selection of contract firms providing programming and analysis services and may assist in contract negotiations with vendors. Performs quality assurance functions which include validating the quality of hardware and software applications, developing test plans and strategies, conducting detailed research and analysis on software and hardware applications, and providing recommendations for application improvements.
- Develops, maintains and enforces data resource management standards and procedures. Develops standards for maintaining data integrity and security. Develops strategies for data retention, archival and recovery. Oversees computer programming and system support associated with applications projects; may troubleshoot hardware and software application problems; and identifies, recommends and implements system improvements, modifications, and upgrades. Manages projects to develop and implement large or complex computer software applications; designs, configures and tests system software and debugs or troubleshoots user software problems. Plans, prioritizes, delegates and reviews the work of assigned project staff; establishes schedules and methods for achieving project goals and objectives; and reviews work products, makes corrections and coordinates staff training and development efforts.
- May perform network administration duties which include configuring, testing, installing and maintaining LAN/WAN systems; connecting peripherals to systems; monitoring disk space and system integrity; clearing temporary and unused files; providing technical hardware and software support to users; and identifying, diagnosing and resolving technical problems. Relationship Management: Develops relationships with divisions based upon industry knowledge, and how technology application can lead to competitive advantage. Sets direction based upon prioritized projects. Manages projects and budgets. Recommends technology related investments. Understands local issues and personalities. Advises local and corporate steering teams. Insures projects are made up of the right people with the appropriate skill sets. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Training: Works with IM Training and Vendors on the following:
- Planning for and ensuring preparation and maintenance of documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
- Translating business specifications into user documentation.
- Planning, writing, and overseeing user support documentation efforts, including online help screens.
- Insuring training of users in the operation and functionality of computer applications and the related business processes.
- Validating competency of users in utilization of information systems prior to systems go-live or major changes.
- Insuring super-users or other support personnel are in place at go-live, and succession planning is documented to insure ongoing competency support in facilities and departments affected by new systems being implemented or upgraded.
- Requirements Definition: Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates systems and user needs. Works with IM and stakeholders to formulate system parameters to parallel overall business strategies. Oversees development of detailed description of user-required program functions, and steps required for developing, implementing and/or modifying computer programs. Technical Analysis Design, and Development and Software Quality Assurance: Supports implementation of software applications. Provides oversight in the design and development of software applications, interfaces and custom programming, and testing processes through definition of test plans, test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Familiar with standard testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Performs quality assurance functions which include validating the quality of hardware and software applications, developing test plans and strategies, conducting detailed research and analysis on software and hardware applications, and providing recommendations for application improvements. Insures test plans are executed by qualified personnel and that test results are documented. Insures that systems are brought live only after full validation of functionality based on results of testing and resolution of issues, including technical resolution and/or development of work-arounds acceptable to end-user and IM departmental leadership. Application Functional Support: Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates application functionality. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the supported application. Understands best practices in functional area. Diagnoses application problems and issues using prescribed testing techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant experience in an Information Systems environment required.
- CHRISTUS IM Project Management training required.
- Previous experience managing projects of small to medium scope and complexity.
- Must have 6 years previous experience working on information technology project teams and in obtaining customer requirements and other analysis activities.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- PMI Certification strongly preferred.
Certifications & Clearance Requirements