RSMC on behalf of our client
We are currently in need of Interim Finance Manager
Pay rate: $38.00/hr
Manages the financial analysis functions for all CMC Physician Practices, Alliance Health Services, Alliance Ambulatory Services, and the Dartmouth Hitchcock physician contracts. Supports the main purpose of the Finance department in maintaining sound financial policies for all physician practice related functions.
- OSHA RATING: Category II (No exposure to blood borne pathogens)
- Monday through Friday, day shift.
- Flexibility to accommodate workload.
Roles & Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction and supervision of the Executive Director, Finance, and within established policies and procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Oversees preparation of monthly financial statements for the physician practices in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversees compensation calculations for physicians on productivity-based plans. Reviews productivity reports for physicians on a monthly and quarterly basis. Assists in the development of any new physician compensations plans.
- Works with the EVP/CFO and SVP of NEHI and Physician Practices evaluating existing practices and developing compensation projections for new practices.
- Develops pro formas for new practices or acquisitions.
- Oversees preparation for all physician annual budgets including but not limited to: NEHI, Primary Care, Surgical Care, Urgent Care, AHS, Hospitalist and independent physician contracts.
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of the EPSI budgeting and financial reporting software system. To provide as a resource for finance staff to assist staff in meeting their departmental goals within the EPSI framework.
- Oversees preparation of year-end audit schedules for physician practices.
- Negotiates, prepares and approves the Alliance Health Services, Hospitalist, Special Care Nursery, and Norris Cotton Cancer Center contacts and annual operating budgets and ensures monthly invoices are consistent with contract terms and approved budgets.
- Prepares budget for Alliance Ambulatory Services and reviews monthly financials. Works with Bedford Ambulatory Surgical Center to perform budget variance analysis.
- Prepares analyses at the request of the EVP/CFO and SVP of NEHI and Physician Practices.
- Meets with physicians and discusses compensation results and calculations.
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment. Orients, trains, supervises, directs, schedules and assigns work, directly. Outlines scope of authority and job responsibilities of assigned employees. Initiates and makes recommendations for transferring, suspending, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining or adjusting evaluations and makes recommendations for merit increases.
- Assists in financial analysis of various accounting applications. Identifies and corrects problems and recommends corrective measures.
- Works with specific assignments under supervisor’s direction on evaluating current procedures used by accounting personnel to determine ways of increasing productivity. Finding ways to do processes better.
- Works within policies, procedures and protocols as they relate to the job.
- Exercises care in the operation and use of equipment and reference materials. Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance to ensure continued functioning of equipment. Maintains work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Complies with all established company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/patient, budget and all company matters. Maintains good communications, establishes and maintains positive working relationship with co-workers and department heads.
- Participates in appropriate role in disasters, fire drills, fires and other emergency situations.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3 to 4 years experience in finance or accounting required.
- 1 to 2 years in healthcare environment with supervisors experience preferred.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirements, with or without the aid of mechanical devices to safely perform the essential functions of the job:
- Physical requirements include the ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; pick, pinch, type or otherwise work primarily with fingers; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; sustain substantial movement of wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Essential functions include activities in which the incumbent must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to employees, volunteers, members, visitors, other staff, community professionals and other professional or non-professional groups.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communications and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, computer terminal operation and extensive reading.
- Requires the ability to perform diversified duties requiring an extensive knowledge of a particular field, and the use of a wide range of procedures. Involves the exercise of judgment in the analysis of facts and conditions regarding individual problems or transactions to determine what actions should be taken, within the limits of standard practice.
- Ability to proceed alone following standard practices and any of several procedures. Questionable cases may be referred when they arise outside of standard practice.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Windows.
- Must have a working knowledge of an integrated G/L system.
Certifications & Clearance Requirements