RSMC on behalf of our client
We are currently in need of Senior User Researcher
Pay rate: $55.66/hr
- The User Researcher Lead is a key member of the User Experience Design team, responsible for applying design thinking and user-centered methodologies to deliver an end-to-end user experience that meets user needs and solves user problems, in line with business goals.
- The User Researcher Lead will provide customer insights in relation to users’ goals, behaviors, attitudes, pain points/challenges, thereby defining who our users are through a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- The User Researcher Lead will work with business partners and product teams to identify research topics and user problems, in addition to testing design concepts and solutions for ResMed products and services.
- Duration: 6 months, temp-to-hire opportunity
- Primary Location: ResMed – West coast preferred, does not have to be SD.
- Shift hours: Need to be flexible to work anytime between 8:00AM PST- 9:30PM PST
- Interview: 30 minute phone call with HM, then video Zoom interview with panel
- On resume submissions, please include:
- Case studies they’ve worked on in the past and why they used that method for that study.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Minimum BA/BS in Product Design, HCI/Cognitive Science, Psychology, or related field
- Minimum7+ years’ experience researching web products and mobile apps (Android and iOS)in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment alongside design, engineering and product management
- Experience leading quantitative and qualitative research such as usability testing, concept testing/exploratory research, ethnography, diary studies, contextual inquiry/interviews, surveys, card sorting, visual mapping, etc.
- Significant experience moderating interviews and testing to dig deep and understand user motivations, values, and needs.
- Effective problem-solver, communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Proven track record in delivering delightful and easy-to-use products and services based on user needs and research
- Experience with the healthcare field and medical devices a plus.
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating case studies and user research of web design/mobile app products
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered.
- Up to 15% travel.
Higher level Researcher requested
Wants last time:
o Moderating usability skills is important and doing contextual interviews
o Prefer Cognitive Science background
o Strong online portfolio demonstrating UCD (User Centered Design) and research case studies
Certifications & Clearance Requirements