Our client seeks a BC/BE Family Practice Physician to join their busy family medicine located in the heart of Berkshires in Western Massachusetts. (2.5 hours from Boston and NY city).
As one of more than 1,300 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) in the U.S., their impact on the region’s health is dynamic and growing. The FQHC model of care allows our client access to an unusual array of professional and financial resources.
Reports to Chief Medical Officer
This full-time physician will join a dedicated team of healthcare providers and will provide comprehensive and continued care to client patients. This will include routine and emergency office-based care, support of health promotion and preventative medical care. Our client offers an excellent starting salary (commensurate with experience) and highly competitive benefits. They will sponsor successful candidates who desire an H1B or J1 visa and who meet all CIS requirements for same. In addition, qualified candidates will be eligible for loan repayment programs under the NHSC.
The Physician contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support client’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as client’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides comprehensive and continuing care to patients; obtains records of patient’s health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment as part of a total physical examination; diagnoses, treats, and plans appropriate healthcare for patients; refers patients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required; establishes and maintains patients electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty; performs laboratory procedures and interprets lab results; provides case management services for select clients; provides group, community, and individual patient education; participates in the on-call physician group.
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization reviews to maintain and improve the patient care standard of excellence; maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by attending continuing education programs; may provide administrative management input for staff including performance reviews, hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, etc.
This position requires successful completion of academic requirements of an accredited medical school. Electronic medical records experience is required.
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Provides supervision to professional and allied health care staff as well as residents engaged in the delivery of patient care.
The mission of Community Health Programs is to improve the health of people throughout the Berkshires by delivering exceptional, compassionate health care.
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance; confidence in leading and instructing others; ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
Our client is dedicated to creating an environment that fosters career growth, teamwork, communication, recognition, and positive workplace relationships.
Why our company is a great place to work
Medical and Dental Insurance
Long Term Disability
Online Insurance Enrollment System
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement -Tax Deferred Annuity Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness Membership Discounts
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $185,000 to $200,000