A certified professional who performs computerized axial tomography, mammography, or
interventional/angiography, as well as routine diagnostic and special radiologic procedures
on patients of all age groups.
Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four
core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees of the St. Joseph Health
System (see attached behavioral definitions of competencies):
- : Demonstrates competencies in communication and interpersonal relations
- Demonstrates competencies in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
- Demonstrates competencies in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
- Demonstrates competencies in community orientation and stewardship.
Describe the 5-10 duties / responsibilities that must be performed by this position.
1. Prepares and directs patients for examinations, obtaining appropriate screening and
history documentation relevant to the procedure being performed.
2. Performs diagnostic procedures in accordance with department guidelines on patients
of all ages to ensure the delivery of quality care.
3. Responsible for radiation protection of self, patients, other patient care team members.
4. Participates in quality control procedures
5. Maintains professional development and education.
6. Contributes to the efficient operation of department.
List infrequently performed and non-essential tasks. The statement “Performs other duties as assigned” may be included here.
Assists in the clinical training of SRJC radiologic technology students.
List the knowledge, skills, and experience required to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Knowledge of Radiological and associated patient care skills
• Teamwork and flexibility skills.
List the knowledge, skills and abilities required to provide age-specific care, including:
• Human development knowledge / skills.
• Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to understand and meet.
Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
: List the following qualifications required for this position:
• Education High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Experience (1) year experience in an acute care hospital preferred. Six months experience in CT is preferred.
• Training Training in C.T. or DSA in addition to graduation from an accredited Diagnostic Radiologic Technology program.
• License/Certification ARRT and CRT required. Continued employment is contingent upon obtaining fluoro permit within 6 months of hire date. Mammography permit if area of speciality. BLS CPR certification required within 60 days of hire.