- Create and maintain a safe work environment for all associates, enforcing all safety regulations
- Ensure that all associates understand and achieve the quality requirements of their job functions
- Ensure that all foundry procedures and processes maintain compliance with ISO and other certifying entities.
- Meet or exceed the pace requirements for all foundry processes
- Develop and implement activities that reduce foundry costs.
- Create an environment of mutual respect for all foundry associates
- Develop and maintain a culture of process discipline throughout all foundry operations
- Train foundry associates to achieve desired goals for Safety, Quality and Pace in all foundry processes.
- Foster the Big Ideas through respect for employees, customer focus, flow, waste elimination, and employee involvement
- Provide leadership in accordance to CIE-ME leadership approach (challenge the process, inspire a shared vision, enable others to act, model the way, encourage the heart)
- Lead team to world class manufacturing capability through the advancement of the Lean Keys
- Analyze and resolve work problems, drive problem-solving, and/or assist workers in solving issues.
- Understand and actively promote the Watts Performance System
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities to insure high levels of customer service, keeping in mind efficiency and costs.
- Coordinate with support groups such as maintenance, planning, engineering and quality control to achieve efficient utilization of labor, machines, and equipment
- Respond to associate concerns accordingly and work with subordinates and human resources to discuss and eliminate potential problems.
- Drive Tiered Daily Management efforts, monitor local metrics throughout the work shift and analyze summary data for trends and improvement opportunities
- Coach and mentor associates to increase capabilities and develop skills
- Insure the area help chain is functioning properly
- Develop and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve required goals Oversee employee training efforts and drive cross training program to increase production flexibility
- Create, implement and update standard work documents.
- Audit for appropriate use of standard work.
- Work with engineering to develop and implement methods and procedures designed to eliminate waste and improve product quality
- Manage staffing levels, work schedules, vacations, and overtime to meet customer delivery schedules while simultaneously meeting productivity objectives
- Ensure that required time and production data are recorded, archived and communicated.
- Manage associate responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for: interviewing, training and assimilating new associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing associate complaints and resolving issues
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years related experience or equivalent education and Foundry experience
- 5+ years’ Experience in Green Sand foundry technology and Hunter automatic molding systems
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operating system and experience utilizing Microsoft Office
- Strong supervisory, leadership and communication skills
- Experience with silicon brass casting, alloys chemistry, processing
- Sustain routine housekeeping to ensure area operates within parameters that conform to environmental and safety standards.
- Must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abide by safety rules.
- Must report any job related injury and/or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
Manage a group of 20-40 foundry employees
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, 80 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in manufacturing environment
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)