Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in the Surgery Department at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active Washington state RN license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from any authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services. On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450+ of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400+ staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services