$10,000 Sign-on Potential - For Externals Only + Relocation available
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Surgical Technologist (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Surgical Technologist (ST) is responsible for facilitating the surgical procedure through the assembly of instrumentation, equipment and supplies. The Surgical Technologist work as a member of the surgical team under the supervision of a registered nurse, with the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and other medical support personnel to provide patient care in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of the Surgical Services department and Swedish Medical Center.
In this position you will:
- Serve in the primary scrub role during assigned core procedures
- Effectively coordinates equipment, supplies and instrumentation according to surgeon’s preference cards. Collaborates with members of the surgical team in the updating and maintenance of preference cards.
- Functions competently within multiple specialty areas and serves in a flexible scrub role with minimal notice. Recognizes age and size of patient as a relevant factor, and applies appropriate skills in preparation for surgical intervention.
- Assists team members with positioning, moving and transporting patients. Facilitates room turnover, and washing and sterilization of instruments. Competent in use of washer, autoclaves and Steris.
- Assists with preparation and draping of patient.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of completion of a Surgical Technician vocational program or documentation of equivalent training
- Registered as a Surgical Technologist with the State of Washington
- CPR Provider certification is required.
- National certification by the Liaison Council on Certification for Surgical Technologist (ST)
- Experience in a hospital operating room
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.