Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Staff Registered Nurse (1.0 FTE, DAY SHIFT) to work in the Neuro And Spine Surgery at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Staff Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. He or she is also responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel, as states above, that participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met.
In this position you will:
- Provide nursing care adapted to the individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient’s response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing required. Applicants without a BSN degree actively pursue and attain a BSN with six (6) years of hire
- In the event that employee does acquire his/her BSN by the about deadlines, there will be a labor/management review process and discussion on the nurse's individual circumstance
- Registered Nurses hired between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2015 must actively pursue and attain a BSN with seven (7) years of hire.
- Current license to practive as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS Certification
- Ability to operate, or learn to operate, unit-specific equipment as outlined in defined competencies, as well as EKG Machine
- Must possess excellent communication skills, satisfactory skill level in operating the telephone, copier and fax, and be computer literate
- Must have knowledge of human growth and development to modify services to the age and development stage of the patient, as required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- Prefer outpatient experience in Family Medicine; Family Medicine Residency training program desired
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.