A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where You'll Work:
Our New Century, KS plant creates a variety of sweet treats for Kerry customers and brands like chocolate covered nuts, pretzels, and fruits. We work hard, play hard - in the office and our community thanks to Kerry’s employee engagement program. If you’re looking to build a career in manufacturing with a team you can have some fun with, we might be the place for you!
We currently have multiple openings available on 3rd Shift! To keep everyone safe during COVID, we will have staggered start times.
What You'll Do:
As a Production Operator you are key to ensure continuous operations by meeting production needs. Your attention to detail will come in handy as you weigh, count, mark, label and inspect products and materials.
On a high level, you'll:
- Assemble packaging boxes, read electronic scales, and package complete blended products.
- Use an electronic sealer to seals internal plastic liners.
- May pack whole product by hand or pack into box by weight.
- Inspect products to ensure that is made according to specifications.
- Performs all documentation and duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP requirements.
- Wear the proper uniform and safety equipment.
What You'll Need to be Successful and Safe:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Do you have experience working alongside a team and operating machines in a manufacturing environment? The safety of our team and products are our top priority, so we prefer some experience.
- Ability to work M-F, and occasional overtime.
- Experience reading, writing and interpreting documents that may require adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- This job requires you to lift 50lbs bags of ingredients consistently throughout your shift, and twist, bend and reach.
400 Prairie Village Drive, New Century, Kansas 66031-1123