$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for experienced Nurse Managers new to Swedish/Providence St. Joseph Health and RELOCATION Assistance!
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nurse Manager (1.0 FTE, Days) for the Labor and Delivery Unit at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall management and leadership of a unit or a group of patient care units within Nursing Services. The manager is responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with Swedish Medical Center’s mission, vision, and values.
In this position you will:
- Establish and enforce standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to areas of responsibility
- Assume the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practices
- Coach, develop, evaluate and advocate for staff
- Facilitate group process, develop and prioritize goals and manage objectives
- Collaborate, communicate, negotiate and interact with individuals and groups of diverse size and composition
- Prepare annual budgets, develop spreadsheets, monitor and analyze financial information and implement operational changes to meet budget targets
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS Certification
- At least three years of recent experience in related clinical area of nursing with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements and regulations regarding hospitals and patient care
About the First Hill Campus
- Masters degree in nursing or related field
- Minimum of one year first line L&D management experience in a high risk service, high volume environment
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.