JOB SUMMARYReports to the Executive Director. Is responsible for the around-the-clock management and direction of the patient care area. Coordinates the efforts of staff, ensures the provision of quality, cost-effective care and manages the clinical and financial performance of the patient care area.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
Master of Science Degree in Nursing or other related field is required. Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana. A minimum of 2 to 5 years of job-related experience is required. Management/supervisory experienced also required.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Requires the ability to develop and utilize coaching and facilitation skills.
2. Requires highly-developed business and human resource skills.
3. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Requires a very high level of leadership skills necessary to effectively plan, organize, staff, direct and evaluate the healthcare and management activities of assigned areas.
5. Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making abilities.
6. Demonstrates a pro-active, results-oriented approach to management.
1. Works in a office and patient care or clinical environment involving contact with Medical Staff, Hospital Managers, departmental staff and managers, patients, families and community agencies.
2. Requires schedule flexibility due to the departments 24 hours per day, 7 days per week operation.
Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.