- Directs, plans, and evaluates day-to-day functions to ensure that high-quality trauma services are provided at assigned trauma center. Coordinates the activities of the Trauma Services staff. Integrates pre-hospital, Emergency Department, Surgery and inpatient services to ensure the delivery of quality patient care. Works collaboratively with various Medical Directors, and other stakeholders, regarding the planning and implementation of trauma services. Exhibits exceptional experience by upholding Beacon values of respect, trust integrity and compassion and displaying relationship based care. Reports to the Director of Trauma Services for Beacon healthcare System.
MISSION & VISION
- Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
- Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a nursing program. Required graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana. BSN is required; Master's Degree is preferred. Two to five years of job-related experience in Trauma Services required; leadership experience is preferred. Must maintain current CPR/BLS, TNCC, and ATCN provider certifications (if not current provider, the certification must be obtained within the first year of hire). . National trauma certification (TCRN) preferred.
- Knowledge & Skills
1. Requires clinical knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and a thorough understanding of Trauma Services.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills (data entry, spread sheets and presentation software).
3. Requires skills necessary to effectively plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate Trauma Services.
4. Requires a strong understanding of the regulatory environment.
5. Requires strong analytical, problem solving, planning, organizing and decision making skills.
6. Requires interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with hospital-wide departments and Medical Staff and to make public presentations regarding Trauma Services.
- Works in office and patient care area.
- Tight deadlines, busy environment, multiple interruptions.
- Public speaking.
- Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time) to perform the essential functions of the position.