Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Endoscopy Technician (0.75 FTE, Day Shift) in Endoscopy Department at Swedish First Hill Main in Seattle, WA.
The Endoscopy Technician is a multi-task position that is expected to schedule procedures, perform computer data entry for ph studies, and assist in the procedure room.
In this position you will:
- Specimen collection under the supervision of the RN. Responsible for properly labeling, handling and transporting specimens.
- Schedules procedures accurately and appropriately.
- Downloads recorded ph studies, enters diary data accurately, saves study to designated computer file/folder.
- Assists the staff as delegated in performing patient care activities according to policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Provides basic emergency care.
Required Qualifications in this position includes:
About the First Hill Campus
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Completion of a Surgical Technology, Anesthesia Technologist, Certified Nurse Assistant or Medical Assistant program.
- One year of experience (within 3 years of assuming the position) in a medical setting as a Surgical Technologist, Anesthesia Technologist, Nursing Assistant Certification or Certified Medical Assistant required.
- Completion of 12 months of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours processing flexible endoscopes preferred. Knowledge of infection control procedures including PPE, Blood Borne Pathogens, biohazard waste removal.
- Technician will have experience in scheduling procedures, computer data entry for ph studies, and assisting in the procedure room.
- Basic computer skills, such as data entry, are required.
- Employees in this position must demonstrate flexibility and multi-tasking skills that are essential in this job.
- Ability to read, write and understand English is required. Basic math aptitude and knowledge of units of measurement required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals including cleaning methods, (e.g. manual, mechanical) cleaning implements (e.g. brushes) and equipment (automated flushing systems, automated endoscope reprocessors) for flexible scopes/accessories. Ability to effectively present information in small group situations.
- Ability to recognize malfunctions of instruments and equipment, and decide proper course of corrective action.
- Assists the staff as delegated in performing patient care activities according to policies and procedures in a timely manner
- Current Surgical Technologist, Nursing Assistant Certification or Certified Medical Assistant in the state of Washington required.
- Current BLS certification required
- Nursing Assistant Certification or Certified Medical Assistant in the state of Washington required.
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.