Full Stack Engineer, Digital Innovation Team
At TSYS, we’re building the future of payments. As a member of the Digital Innovation team, you’ll be part of a team passionate about technology and using it to modernize payments, and the overall banking experience. We build a wide variety of solutions from automated infrastructure and cloud-based systems, to machine learning and user experiences for web, mobile and IoT. We’re looking for people who want to join our team of designers, engineers and enthusiasts and be a part of what’s happening.
Example products that you’ll be working on as a part of the TSYS DI team...
- Create open API’s and content for TSYS Developers (developers.tsys.com), our client hub for open technology (API’s, SDK’s and much more) developed by TSYS.
- Mobile and mobile web cardholder experiences that leverage open technologies like react.js and react native, node, swift2, java, springboot, .Net and others.
- Our industry leading fraud engine that leverages ML to learn and detect fraud patterns.
- Our hybrid cloud application infrastructure that’s based on docker, kubernetes, microservices and postgres.
Everyday you’ll do these kinds of things…
- Collaborate with engineers across the Digital Innovation team to create technical designs, develop, test and solve complex problems that drive the solution from initial concept to production.
- Contribute to our automated build, deploy and test processes for each solution.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Frontend and Backend, designing and delivering performant, maintainable, and scalable features.
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering a holistic user experience.
- Work in an engineering focused, iterative team that’s composed of people with a wide range of skills.
- Demo your work for colleagues and members of the business team.
- Conduct research on new and interesting technologies that help to progress our products and platforms.
To qualify, you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field.
- Working experience in modernizing .Net applications to Java, Springboot microservices
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, mobile apps, data integrations, and/or large mobile web applications).
- Exposure to devops tools like Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack, etc.
- Fluent, open communication style – speaking, writing, collaborating.
- Demonstrated understanding of user experience, user centered design and responsive web design.
- Minimum two years relevant experience with advanced coding skills.
- Experience designing and developing large distributed, mobile, machine learning, responsive web or API software systems.
- Experience working in a team-based, start-up or agile development environment.
- Track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open source projects.
TSYS Minimum Requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business / Management Information Systems or related field
- Typically minimum of 2 years - Professional Experience In Coding, Designing, Developing And Analyzing Data.
What’s it like to work in our Team?
Our Digital Innovation Team is a team of advanced technical experts in a variety of fields who work together to incubate new capabilities in a rapid, prototype-oriented environment that emphasizes “product over process”. We’re huge advocates of open source and as a member of the Digital innovation team, you’ll not only create innovative user experiences, massive data sets and infrastructure at scale, but you’ll also be working with a team of people who represent some of the best and brightest minds in payments. We have a growth culture that emphasizes learning and adoption of technologies that push the envelope. We have sessions designed each week to bring the team together to learn and discuss topics that are critical to our industry and the evolution of our systems. Add to that our open work environment that emphasizes collaboration across teams.
So, what will your first day look like? First off, you’ll get a mac laptop and work with a mentor to pull the latest project from Git. Your assigned mentor is someone who stays with you throughout your first 90 days to help you gain familiarity with our teams, tools and environment. After that, we’ll have you meet with different members of the team and get to know their specialties, current projects and nuances of the job. By the end of day one, you’ll create and commit your first code push to git. We call this our “pilot push” and it promotes our culture of rapidly iterating and making progress.